Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hulk Smash!

First off, a story. 

Growing up in arcades, my next door neighbor and I always played Street Fighter II.  He was Ryu, I was Guile.  The battles we had were epic.  Ultimately, he won (sad face).

Moving forward, Capcom started releasing games in these large blue cabinets, with stereo sound. They were *awesome*!  Now, I have always liked these "Big Blue" cabinets, as the are called. An opportunity came up locally for me to get one.  I jumped on it.

It's got Marvel Super Heroes in it right now.

I'll likely make this a multi-capcom fighter machine, and put 5 other games in there. Or maybe put a MAME machine in there on a 2 game switch. Not sure.

In either case, I'm probably gonna restore it to look like a Street Fighter II: Champion Edition cab.

This cabinet was originally a Captain Commando game by Capcom. You can tell by the 4 player coin door and the cabinet design (it's a 1st edition big blue cabinet). SFII:CE also used the exact same cabinet, and since I like Street Fighter, that makes me happy. 

I'll post more messages, and a movie or three during the restoration process.