Saturday, February 28, 2015

Quartet!

My name is Steven, and I was a SEGA fanboy.  I can admit that now.

Back in the day, all my friends had a Nintendo.  I was the only one with a Sega Master System.  So that meant I had cooler games than they did!

One of my favorites was Quartet.

In the arcades, we'd play Quartet all the time. It's one of those games that most people don't remember, and was often cannibalized to install newer game kits that came out.

Therefore, it's kinda hard to find one in good original condition.  As luck would have it, I did find one.

My Centipede project cocktail wasn't interesting me anymore.  The kids didn't like it, and honestly I don't like cocktail machines.  A friend of mine has this Quartet that I'd been bugging him about, and he offered to trade (since he really wants the Centipede monitor for a Warlords cocktail).

 So here she is!

Quartet was SEGA's response to Gauntlet.  Not sure they succeeded, as arguably Gauntlet is a better game, but there's something about this game that I like a lot.

And the soundtrack is great.  Gimme a week or two to order new parts to fix the monitor up and I'll repost with some gameplay videos.

Enjoy.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment